Basic Bend Oregon Info:
- Sunshine: 260 – 300 mostly sunny days annually
- Population: roughly 80,000
- Land mass: roughly 30 square miles
- Airport: RDM in Redmond (Roberts Field, Redmond Municipal Airport)
- Direct Flights to RDM: Denver, Portland, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, Seattle, Los Angeles
- Gardening season: 80 – 90 days
- Average low temps are under 30 degrees November through April
- Rain: about 12 inches annually
- Snow: about 34 inches annually
- Frost: only 10 days on record historically haven’t dipped below 32 degrees
- General climate: High desert. You’ll need lots of lotion.
- Elevation: 3,623 feet
General Bend Resources
(Thanks to Lori Nelson-King for the extensive blog list.)
Other Essential Bend Resources:
Manicure: Chloe at Tangerine. 10 NW Minnesota Ave, ground floor of The Oxford Hotel, downtown. (541) 389-9090.
Denim: Local Joe’s. 929 NW Wall St, downtown. (541) 385-7137.
Vintage cowboy boots: Cowgirl Cash. 924 NW Brooks St, downtown. (541) 678-5162.
Reasonably priced custom jeweler: Waylon Rhoads Jewelry Design. By appointment only. (541) 654-2918
Veterinarian: Dr. Rex Urich at Mt. Bachelor Veterinary Hospital. 61535 N U.S. 97 #3, Bend, OR 97702 (in the Fred Meyer complex). (541) 389-6612. (Note: He’s the best vet I’ve ever had and he makes house calls!!)
Guitar Teacher: Joe Schulte at String Theory Music. 1291 NW Wall St. Bend, OR 97701. (541) 678-0257.
Ob/Gyn: Dr. Lauren O’Sullivan. 1102 NE 4th St, Bend, OR 97701. (541) 389-0450
Nursery/Landscaping: Gary at Land Systems Nursery. 21336 E Hwy 20, Bend, OR 97701. (541) 382-7646
To be continued…