Check back later for more fun stuff to do in Bend. Expect to see a carefully selected compilation of BGTB-approved stuff to entertain and excite. Woohoo!
Here are a few things to get you started:
– Have lunch at Brasada Ranch and take in the gorgeous view. If it’s a Thursday night, don’t miss their BBQ & Music series! Read about it here.
– Have brunch at CHOW (and maybe a bloody mary or two – Dee. Lish. Us.)
– Have a laid-back drink at The D and chat up bartender Buck Bales. (Yes, it’s a dive bar. So if you’re too fancy for PBR, skip this one.)
– Cowboy up and learn to two step at Mavericks Bar & Grill. (Or just go ride the bull and play a little bocce ball.)
– Check out Shevlin Park. Go for an easy hike and find the covered bridge and tell me what the mysterious chalk date means.
– Explore Sawyer Park.
– Shop for vintage cowboy boots at Cowgirl Cash.
– Rent stand-up paddleboards for a little river paddle time.
– Check out Central Oregon Locavore for local produce and local goods.
– Go hiking and see a waterfall: The Tumalo Falls hike (if you have a couple of hours).
– Have some great seasonal comfort food at Drake. Chef John Gurnee is one of the best chefs working in Bend. Order one of his specials (and a side of mac n cheese).
– Shop for art and cool crafty stuff at The Workhouse in the Old Ironworks Art District.
– Slurp up a bowl of pho at Sweet Saigon.
… more to come.
*Lumbersexuals =the new metrosexual: They have a hipster lumberjack vibe complete with the unruly beard, Pendelton vest, cuffed Japanese selvage denim and Danner boots. If their heads are not shaved, the definitely have product in their hair.